The jury for a show at the Roslyn Art Festival awarded GJ Gillespie an Honorable Mention for the collage "Motor cycle Haiku". The award included a $25 cash prize.
The winning piece was one of four collages by GJ accepted for the festival.
Gillespie was one of nine artists honored at the show that featured 60 pieces.
"Motor Cycle Haiku" was sold during the show. (A companion piece "Motor Cycle Haiku #2" is still available here.)
The Festival took place on August 22 and 23.
The festival also included arts and crafts booths.
GJ Gillespie Art in Roslyn
Motorcycle Haiku #4 by GJ Gillespie.
Collage. 10 x 8, 2014. $100
My take on Japanese Pop Art.
Made from Japanese Motorcycle magazines,
the collage has shown at the TK Gallery in
Pioneer Square Seattle.
|Horse Latitudes by GJ Gillespie. |
Mixed media collage. 28 x 40. 2014. $1,200.
Inspired by northwest mystic artist
Kenneth Callahan's horse images.
The title is from a poem by Jim Morrison of the Doors.
This piece was also accepted for a show
at the Shelton Civic Center Gallery
And the Winners Are:
- Best of Show Marymere Falls, Chris Heard, Archival pigment on rag. $200
- Judge’s Choice - Olsen Helix Rodeo #112, Eric Tchemitcheff, Digital photo. $100
- Judge’s Choice - Schlanger bluebird, Anita Lehman, Monotype/pastel. $100
- Judges Choice - Nicholls What’s Out There, Cathy Cook, Oil on board. $100
- Honorable Mention - Motorcycle Haiku, Gary Gillespie, Collage on canvas. $25
- Honorable Mention - High Priestesses, Ellen Busteed, acrylic. $25
- Honorable Mention - Seattle V, David Alvarez, acrylic. $25
- Honorable Mention - Wake Up, Anita Lehman, Monotype/pastel. $25
- Honorable Mention, Forsaken, Jolyn Wells-Moran, oil. $25
- When & Where: August 22nd and 23rd in downtown Roslyn.
- Events: Juried Art Show/Artisan Sales/Saturday Night Wine Reception/Music/Try-It Stations.
- Show Hours: Saturday, Aug. 22, 11am – 6pm & Sunday and August 23, 11am – 4 pm
- Saturday Aug. 22 Reception & Wine Tasting: 7 pm to 9:30 pm
- More about the 2015 Roslyn Art Festival